That's not really how Decorator is meant to work.

You could hack around it by exposing the decorated instance in your
Decorator interface, digging down to it, and using a bunch of
instanceof calls to figure out which is which. I really don't
recommend this, though -- instead, use a different design pattern or
program architecture.

On 3/20/08, Jiri Heitlager <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello List,
>
>  i am looking into the decorator pattern for an upcoming AS2 project. I was
>  wondering if the following is possible
>
>  var com:Component = new Component()
>
>  com = new decoratorA(com)
>  com = new decoratorB(decA)
>  com = new decoratorC(decB)
>
>  I cant seem to figure out what I need to do in order to remove let say
>  decB at runtime? I tried a search on the internet, but all the articles
>  about the decorator pattern are about runtime adding, not removing.
>
>  Can somebody please help me if it is at all possible.
>
>  Thank you,
>
>  Jiri

Cory Petosky : Lead Developer : PUNY
1618 Central Ave NE Suite 130