yes!

var mcRoot:MovieClip = MovieClip( root ).parent.parent as MovieClip;

finaly got it right, as natural as it has to be the MovieClip( root ) point to the root of the mc your calling it from.
Then you have to go through the parents till you find the root1.

Thanks so much for the MovieCLip casting ;) and for the swc chapter, now I will be able to use that imageprocessing library given as a swc.
Cheers

laurent a écrit :

hm...the MovieClip( root ) help to compile with no error. But then trying to acces a method of the root throw an error about: TypeError: Error #1010: Un terme n'est pas défini et n'a pas de propriété.

term undefined...it can't find the object referenced

so I casted the object I'm trying to acces from root:

import org.lf.PreLoader; trace(PreLoader( MovieClip( root ).pl ));
   trace(PreLoader( MovieClip( root ).pl ).lxl);
   var mc:MovieClip = MovieClip( root ).pl.lxl;
   if( MovieClip( root ).ready[ mc ] ){
       mc.launch();      }else{
       MovieClip( root ).ready[ mc ] = true;
   }

and the trace return null for the first one and then throw an error because it can't find anything.

Do I have to make a swc ??

thx

laurent a écrit :
Thanks for the precise answer, I got the book, will have a look tom and try the MovieClip workaround.
Now I will bang my head on sweeter stuff ;) thx

jonathan howe a écrit :
I think you might be able to get around this by using a swc, which can be checked for classes by the complier without actually including it in the swf. Do you have Moock's Essential Actionscript 3.0? Chapter 31 details the various ways you can do it, all based on which authoring tool you're using.
A little much for me to repeat in email.

-jonathan