On Sat, Apr 5, 2008 at 8:58 PM, Omar Fouad <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>  I've got a function that is called when a listener listens an event like:
>
>  fancyButton.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, myFunction);
>
>  private function myFunction(e:MouseEvent):void {
>    // statements...
>  }
>
>  If I try to call myFunction using myFunction() , the compiler throws me an
>  error, saying that the function expects an argument. At this point how
>  should I call this function without dispatching the MouseEvent Event??

You might want to separate the functions, so you  would have
myFunction(), which you could call from anywhere, and myClickHandler,
which would handle the mouse event specifically. So:

fancyButton.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, myClickHandler);

private function myClickHandler(e:MouseEvent):void {
    myFunction();
}

private function myFunction():void{
      //blah blah...