I have a problem somewhere in my movie but I'm not sure where to look.

Something somewhere is intercepting the TAB key and preventing it from getting to the object that handles the selection focus.

If I just create a movie with four fields then tabbing is automatic, but in my project I can't get tabbing to work at all.

Curiously, if add an event listener to the Key object, the onKeyEvent never happens for the TAB key. As a test, I wrote an event listener to manually change the selection when ENTER is pressed and it works just fine. The following doesn't do anything when TAB is pressed, but it does register for all the other keys pressed:

Key.addListener(textListener);
textListener.onKeyDown = function() {
           trace("key down");
}

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.  Thanks!