It sounds like you know this, but the case you describe can still be a
problem if you don't use the fully classpath in the instantiation.

Hypothetical example:

import com.thirdPartyTweener1.TweenIt;
import com.thirdPartyTweener2.TweenIt;

var tw:TweenIt = new TweenIt();

Even though the like-named class is in two different packages, the usage
isn't obvious at instantiation. You'd need to do this:

import com.thirdPartyTweener1.TweenIt;
import com.thirdPartyTweener2.TweenIt;

var tw:TweenIt = new com.thirdPartyTweener1.TweenIt();

But the compiler would probably warn you about this in a relatively clear
way, so that's probably not the problem. Just thought I'd point that out.

On 4/8/08 2:29 PM, "mario gonzalez" wrote:

> No sir, I'm on good ole' windows xp.
>
> I know one of the ideas about packages is that you can have 2 classes
> that are named the same, as long as they're in different packages.
> However at this point, where i have ruled out everything that it could
> be it's time to start ruling out 'that should never happen's so I might
> try renaming all classes that have the same name as one another even if
> they're in different packages.

Rich
http://www.LearningActionScript3.com