I have this data available for each stop point so re-creating the bitmap
isn't a big deal, but I am concerned with the lag in doing this because the
animation is script generated and very complex i.e. it may take a few (or up
to 5 seconds) to re-generate the data for each of these frames. The data at
times is an array of 1000+ lines or pixel data.

I'll have to test and see if this can work.