Im not sure fi this will work but try WinMerge www.winmerge.org
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Rich Shupe
  To: FlashCoders
  Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2008 7:16 PM
  Subject: [Flashcoders] Reading and parsng binary file formats

  Can anyone definitely tell me that this isn't possible, or point me to
  additional information?

  I want to compare two files, but they are binary. The nearest example I can
  think of is an encoded text file. That is, no audio, video, sound, etc. but
  something like Word vs. ASCII or Quicken vs. QIF, etc.

  The idea is to compare two files to see how they differ. For this reason,
  read-only is fine. I know the ByteArray can be used for similar things, but
  I don't know the limits of such an attempt.

  Rich
  http://www.LearningActionScript3.com