Hi,

I would suggest putting the movie to be scaled in a "wrapper" clip, the working out the size yourself to scale it:

Look at the tutorials for doing Fluid layouts - Romualds post on soundstep.com may help here. When you are fullscreen, etc. you can scale the width & height of your wrapper clip to 80% or whatever percent you would like - you will have to calculate the width / height yourself based on the percentage that will fit this nicely into your 80% "rectangle" whilst maintaining the aspect ratio.

Look at stage.stageWidth, stage.stageHeight and perhaps base your initial scaling ratio's on an ideal known starting size, e.g. a 1024 x 768 screen would require a 819.2 x 614.4 sized rectangle, so your ideal rectangle size and your actual one may change depending on the screen resolution, but with a bit of maths you can calculate a good approximation of 80% of the stage.stageWidth, etc. each time.

This is probably hard to explain clearly, so sorry if it sounds a bit waffly, but using StageScaleMode.NO_SCALE is the start, you just need to scale inside it. Here is one where I scale the size and position of a clip in the bottom right hand corner, but restrict the scaling to a minimum size.

   private function onAddedToStage(event:Event):void {
           stage.scaleMode = StageScaleMode.NO_SCALE;
           stage.align = StageAlign.TOP_LEFT;
stage.addEventListener(Event.RESIZE, redraw); } private function redraw(event:Event):void {
           var scale:Number = Math.max(.6,stage.stageWidth / 1500);
           man.scaleX = scale;
           man.scaleY = scale;
           man.x = stage.stageWidth - (man.width * scale) - 20;
           man.y = stage.stageHeight - (man.height * scale);
   }

Allandt Bik-Elliott (Receptacle) wrote:
The movie was originally supposed to be fixed but the client has asked for me to make it scale

I'd like the movie to scale to about 80% of the screen size rather than 100% - is this possible?