I've thought about it, but it didn't make enough sense to me to try.
That was under the assumption that Flash's re-draw area organisation
would make it more efficient. If your performance is improving, I
might give it a look for certain situations. Any numbers yet?

2008/6/25 eric e. dolecki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> I don't know if it would always be prudent, but I've found if I have
> components or UI composed of lists of Sprites, etc. instead of using a mask,
> I use BitmapData to present the visuals instead... so basically you need
> almost nothing on the display tree whatsoever. I know its a RAM hit (a
> little), but so far its been working really, really well. I produce UI from
> stuff not on the display tree at all, represented by a bitmap. I remove the
> 2nd bitmap in a displayObjectContainer so there is only ever one in there,
> next step I'll add a dispose().
>
> Anyone else doing this yet? It's more difficult to develop initially, so
> basically I get it looking right when on the display tree, then I just don't
> add it and use BMD.
>
> - e

Random Lines 3D
My online portfolio