>>I disagree that switch statements are more readable than if
>>else statements, at least if you put your braces on their own lines.

I wouldn't disagree, but I think it's more about personal preference.
Maybe it's just aesthetics, but I prefer:

switch(b)
{
        case "apple":
                do something
                break;
        case "bananas":
                do something else
                break;
        case "pears":
                do yet something else
                break;
}

(or the same thing above but with brackets)

over:

if (b=="apple")
{
    do something
}
else if (b=="bananas")
{
    do something else
}
else if (b=="pears")
{
    do yet something else
}

Jason Merrill
Bank of America
Global Technology & Operations & Global Risk L&LD
eTools & Multimedia

Join the Bank of America Flash Platform Developer Community

Are you a Bank of America associate interested in innovative learning
ideas and technologies?
Check out our internal  GT&O Innovative Learning Blog & subscribe.