I see a link into the place where they got the physics right in the
project description:

http://www.ffiles.com/flash/physics_and_motion/drag_and_rotation_with_easing_1649.html

Have you tried registering and downloading - maybe it contains source?

--jonathan

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 6:32 AM, Leandro Ferreira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Sure, drag and throw is not a problem, nor is rotation based on an
> arbitrary
> point, but deciding how an object should rotate based on where the user
> pressed and how he dragged it. But thanks anyway.
>
> About ready-made classes: with APE or box2D I could manage to recreate
> this,
> but that's not the point: what I want is to understand how it's done.
> Anyone?
>

>  Leandro Ferreira
>
> On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 1:19 AM, Ashim D'Silva <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > Basically it's using velocity well. The dragging and throwing is
> > pretty easy to figure out with basic physics (velocity and
> > decay/friction). The rotation is a little trickier I imagine using
> > some sort of Matrix transformations to dynamically decide a point to
> > rotate around. Look for rotations around an arbitratrary point. I
> > don't have enough knowledge to actually help you out directly but
> > hopefully this will lead you in some direction.
> >
> > Maybe there are some ready made classes...
> >
> > Ashim
> >
> > --
> > Random Lines 3D
> > My online portfolio
> > www.therandomlines.com
> >
> > 2008/7/3 Leandro Ferreira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > > Hi there,
> > >
> > > I was trying to understand how this(
> > >
> http://www.ffiles.com/flash/templates/drag_and_rotate_website_1670.html)
> > > kind of movement works, but I have no idea on what to search for.
> > > At first I got an physics book about classical mechanics, but didn't
> find
> > it
> > > useful, and can't find the exact theories involved in order to look for
> > and
> > > applied use.
> > > Then I began working 'intuitively' in it, with some trigonometics and
> so,
> > > but things got ugly and now I'm kind of stuck.
> > >
> > > Does anyone here know where can I find some
> information/article/readable
> > > source about this?
> > >

> > > Thanks,
> > >  Leandro Ferreira
> > >

> > --
> > Random Lines 3D
> > My online portfolio
> > www.therandomlines.com

-jonathan howe :: 404.434.2321 :: 180 High St Apt 26 Portland, ME 04101