Hi Anthony,
   Didn't I already reply to this?

   In any case - this version of the question is slightly expanded. :-)

   Yes, it's possible with ByteArrays, however there is no native MP3
encoding built into Flash Player, so writing code to join and then
export a bunch of MP3s together is tricky (and even if you port the
LAME encoder or something, I doubt the AS3 performance will be what
you want).

   I'd suggest doing the stitching together of the MP3 serverside -
there are plenty of serverside technologies that can handle it - and
simply use the Flash client to lay out a 'preview' version using
loops.

Ian