var snd:Sound = new Sound();
snd.load(new URLRequest("assets/sample.mp3"));
var ch:SoundChannel = snd.play();
var st:SoundTransform = ch.soundTransform;

st.pan = 1;
ch.soundTransform = st;
trace(st.pan);
trace(ch.soundTransform.pan);

st.pan = -1;
ch.soundTransform = st;
trace(st.pan);
trace(ch.soundTransform.pan);

Output:
1
1
-1.0000000000000004
-0.9880999999999998

You can CLEARLY see me set the pan to 1 and then -1. But, if you notice, the -1 pan is a bit below -1 on the transform, but when you apply the transform to the channel, it goes above -1.

I've got a sound mixer than I can set the volume on left and right individually and I hear the sound on the right when it's at -0.988, but I cannot hear the sound on the left when it's at 1.

How many more bugs are there in the Sound class?