To: <flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com>
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2008 10:02 AM
Subject: [Flashcoders] Saving user feedback to file

Hello,

I need to create a Flash movie that can save user feedback to a file.
The saving doesn't need to be very sophisticated but it does need to be
very stable since it will be appearing in a public space and recording
(museum) visitor feedback.

There will be a number of objects, e.g. 10 objects and users will be
able to view information about each object and rate the object 1-5
(stars?), similar to You Tube. There won't be any cookies used since it
will be appearing on one standalone kiosk so users may be able vote more
than once.

I have no experience of saving user data with Flash and so any pointers
and advise would be much appreciated. Can you easily save the votes to a
CSV or other file?

Are there any good tutorials you'd recommend?

I'm short of time and out of my depth (haven't used Flash for a while
now)! Apologies if this should be in the newbie list. My Flash has gone
back to newbie level but I guess this is a more advanced topic!

Many thanks,

Adrian

This message has been scanned for malware by WebSense Mailcontrol for the National Maritime Museum, Greenwich