It could be.. the only reason for trying to do this is to create a very
"smart" component, thus being able to pick up the file name would have been
of a great help for it. But again it seems almost hard to get it if you are
trying from somewhere else that is not strictly the timeline.
BTW the component is added to the stage and it has visuals so it is not a
component that runs in its own window...

Thanks for the help, I will continue trying to find other ways to go about
it...

...helmut