Thanx Ian, that sounds like a very clever solution. I will give it a try, and speed....oh well I geuss it can always be faster ;)

Jiri

Ian Thomas wrote:
Convert the XML to a string.

Do the regExp replace on the string.

Reparse the XML?

e.g.

var str:String=xml.toXMLString();

// do replacement here...

xml=new XML(str);

Might not be the fastest in the world, depending on the amount of XML
you are parsing, but it'll do the job.

HTH,
   Ian

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 5:56 PM, Jiri Heitlager