I suspect it depends how many pixels you're throwing around!

We create fairly straightforward educational 'games' for young kids,
and the Mac Mini (which is Intel these days, by the way) has been
perfectly adequate as a testbed for our software. What's more, if
you're actually authoring on the PC and testing on the Mac (which is
how we do it) you'll probably want to be testing on the slowest of the
Macs anyway, to ensure that your end-users don't have something that's
too slow.

The Mac Mini is a nice piece of compact kit. It has another big
advantage over many other macs if you're using it as a second machine
(e.g. for testing); you can plug in external keyboard, mouse and
monitor. Which means I've got my Mac Mini hooked up to the same
screen, mouse and keyboard as my PC (via a switcher). That way I can
do a build on the PC, switch to Mac for testing, switch to PC to fix
that annoying bug, repeat until fixed...

I heartily recommend it.

Ian