Thanks for the input. It sounds like for as3, amfphp is the supported
solution although an as3 compatible version of swx will probably be very
appealing.

I've messed with HaXe but not enough to make it part of my routine. I need
to finish mastering as3 and OOD before I confuse it with another language.

--Joel