My last ditch effort with fussy type, it to make a dummy bitmap copy of the
sprite (bitmapdata.draw(dispObj)) and use that for the animation times.
Switch back to the original when you need selections/links to work...Not the
most elegant, but it should work...

The Random Lines
My online portfolio
www.therandomlines.com