I think the Control-Shift-1 functionality is fairly new -- I only got it
working after I upgraded FD to Beta 9. But yes, it rocks. You can also use
it on your "implements <Interface>" text to generate placeholder functions
for everything in that interface. Try it!

Personally, I tend to use getters and setters only when I'm making a class
that primarily functions like a Perl hash (or a Python dictionary or
whatever the kids are using these days). If I use it to much with other
classes, I start to worry that I've created public variables when I
shouldn't have, and it constantly distracts me.

--T