Taka,
   That's really interesting - excellent to know!

   I _suspect_ (having had previous bad experiences) that doing things
within the _complete_ Flex framework will be difficult/will cause
errors. Flex has a lot of managers/singletons which seem to be very
greedy, and assume a lot i.e. assume some Flex startup code is called
up front and assume things are initialised in a particular order.
Definitely worth trying, though!

  Cheers,
      Ian