Oh yeah this definitely works. I was having trouble because I needed to delete ASO files(thought things had changed in the fp10 upgrade and I was going nuts until I figured it out); yet, I am still looking for a better way.

I am looking into the matrix transformer class right now.

Ian Thomas wrote:
That shouldn't be the case.

You will have to offset the original mc's x and y by half the width
and height of the original; but the rotation of the wrapping mc should
always take place around that mc's origin.

e.g.

var wrapper:Sprite=new Sprite();
wrapper.addChild(original);
original.x=-original.width/2;
original.y=-original.height/2;

addChild(wrapper);

wrapper.rotation=45;

... or whatever.

If you're really getting erroneous results from that sort of setup,
I'd love to see the source code.

Ian