Joel,

Thanks, however that didn't work.
(sorry if I was not clear in my response on Ian's hint, because what you wrote was exactly what I did)

Still no joy ...

Peter

Citeren Joel Stransky <stranskydes...@gmail.com>:

Target the TextArea's TextField

details_ta.textField.selectable = false;

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 2:39 PM, <pe...@pepo.nl> wrote:

Ian,

thanks for replying. Unfortunately noop.

I use the htmlText property of the TextArea instance instead of the text
prioperty to display text (such as details_ta.htmlText = "<b>text
sample</b>"; and details_ta is an TextArea instance on the stage).

Could that something have to do with it?

Peter

Citeren Ian Thomas <i...@eirias.net>:

 Try:
 textArea.textField.selectable=false;