Thanks Hans,

I am aware of that, so if-else would be the only way to go I guess.

Jiri

Hans Wichman wrote:
Hi,

isn't the absence of break statements messing things up?

greetz
JC

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 12:08 PM, Jiri <jiriheitla...@googlemail.com> wrote:

I am new to bitwise operators, so I am trying to learn it.

I have the following code and it works half. I am using a switch case to
get the result, but this is messing things up. I could revert to and if -
else statement, but I was wondering if there is a more elagant way of doing
it. I post my code below, and would have some advice.

var NO_RESTRICTION:int = 1;
var NUM_ONLY:int = 2;
var CHAR_ONLY:int = 4;

var RESTRICTION:int =  NUM_ONLY ;

function setInputCharRestriction(tInt:int):void {
       RESTRICTION = tInt | tInt&2 | tInt&3;
}

function getRestrict():String{
               var tRestrict:String = '';