Something to try out:

Wrap background_mc in another movieclip, let's call it wrapper_mc (or
whatever you feel like). Now, set cacheAsBitmap to true in background_mc
(the inner mc), but not in wrapper_mc, and appy the transformation to
wrapper_mc (the outter mc).

Sounds like it should work, though I haven't tried it.

Cheers
Juan Pablo Califano