Thanks Jiri,
That worked perfectly.
I knew I had been looking at this code too long
and that it was something as simple as deleting a couple of parenthesis.
Thanks again..

Karl

On Jul 12, 2009, at 2:47 PM, Jiri wrote:

I think that it makes sense that the functions like formHidden() gets called, because that is what you put down.

It think you will need to put only the function name/ref like so:
this.quoteRequest_mc.ySlideTo(quoteHideY,4,"easeoutbounce",.5, formHidden ,20,4.5);

Give it a try.

Jiri

Karl DeSaulniers wrote:
Hello List,
I'm having an issue getting my MC_Tween2 scripts to behave appropriately. AS2.
I am trying to set a function that triggers after the tween is done.
I am sure this is easier than I am figuring, but I'm stuck.
I can get the tweens to work, but they trigger the function while tweeneing.
[code eg]
var beginAlpha = 0;
var endAlpha = 100;
var quoteShowY:Number = 219.9;
var quoteHideY:Number = -219.9;
this.quoteRequest_mc._y = quoteHideY;
function formVisible() {
if (!this.quoteRequest_mc.isTweening()) {//this way doesn't work at all ???????
        this.quoteRequest_mc.gotoAndPlay(2);
function formHidden() { //this way plays while hideForm() is Tweening
    this.quoteRequest_mc.gotoAndStop(1);
}
function showForm() {
    this.quoteRequest_mc.alphaTo(endAlpha,3.5,"easeoutquint",.5);
this.quoteRequest_mc.ySlideTo(quoteShowY,4,"easeoutbounce",. 5,formVisible(),20,4.5); }
function hideForm() {
    this.quoteRequest_mc.alphaTo(beginAlpha,3.5,"easeoutquint",.5);
this.quoteRequest_mc.ySlideTo(quoteHideY,4,"easeoutbounce",. 5,formHidden(),20,4.5); }
showForm();
What on earth am I doing wrong??
It all looks like it should work!
Also, on the tweens themselves, they dont play very smooth.
Am I doing somthing wrong with the timing or the ease period or amount of ease? What?
I want them to play somewhat quickly, but smooth.
Thank you for any help.
Karl DeSaulniers
Design Drumm
http://designdrumm.com