Hi,
Although a bit late, I am making a move to AS3 and facing some issues.
After banging my head around a bit, I would like to ask for some help :)

My CLICK event is not getting detected from withing my class file.

In the code snippets below, the "reportClick" function is not getting
triggered when I click my mouse in stage.

Here is how the files are setup:

****** MyGesture.as

package Gestures
{
        import flash.display.*;
        import flash.events.*;
        import flash.filters.*;

        public class MyGesture extends MovieClip
        {

                public function MyGesture(){

                        addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, reportClick);

                function reportClick(e:Event)
                {
                        trace("reportClick");
                        //dispatchEvent(new Event(MyGesture.clickOK));

****** Mediaplayback.as (This is my Document Class)

package Gestures
{
        import flash.display.*;
        import flash.events.*;
        import flash.filters.*;
        import Gestures.MyGesture;

        public class Mediaplayback extends MovieClip
        {
                private var my_gesture:MyGesture = new MyGesture();
                public function Mediaplayback(){
                        addChild(my_gesture);

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks a lot

Sajid