What is a large doc ?
What is little user memory if we talk gigabytes these days and the LSO has a default limit of around 100Kb ?
This is a no no from flashcoders pro :)

Anthony Pace wrote:
As an example, any type of multi or large doc editor would benefit; especially on a system that has little memory.

Storing assets for the interface is most definitely an option without asking the user, if the data is vector based; yet, for bitmap data, I would have to ask the user. I have been unable to find benchmarks for read/write access times for really large files, and when I have the time I will have to devote some of it to testing; however, under the advice of a good friend, I will need to get the little things working before I optimize the storage during operation.

With regard to what I am doing... I don't want to spout vapor about an app barely started; yet, as I said it's an editor, but the resultant data, after manipulation of the original data, can't be placed in the browser cache, and that's the reason I was and still am wondering if shared objects can come to the rescue.

Ktu wrote:
I like the sound of that. It certainly seems like something someone should look into. I'm not great with checking speed in code, but I want to try to
look into that.

I'm interested in what types of applications would benefit from it. Can you
share anything about yours?

Ktu [k-two]