Framerate directly affects Flash's code execution response time. Is there a reason why you would find this odd or surprising?

Hans Wichman wrote:
Hi List,

I've set up a test in AS2 with a 2 channel localconnection, swf A sends a
msg to swf B, and B sends back an acknowledge signal.
If I set the movies framerate to 1 fps, this takes about 50ms for a simple
msg to get an ack signal, if I set the framerate to 30 it takes about 5ms.
Erm... my naive conclusion would be that the localconnection's execution
speed is connected to the framerate of the running movies, can anyone
confirm that?

I'm writing code that runs within a legacy shell that uses setVariable on
the swf which is no longer supported so now I'm trying to work around that
issue using an as2 swf within an as3 swf which passes on the signals using
localconnection :-S....

regards,
JC