Thank you all for your links to tutorials. Here is the latest incarnation
and problems:

package
{
 import flash.events.Event;
 import flash.events.MouseEvent;
 import flash.display.MovieClip;
 import com.greensock.*;
 import com.greensock.plugins.*;
 import com.greensock.easing.*;
 public class Main extends MovieClip
  {
  public function Main():void
    {
  }
  public function init():void {
    hatAndFace();
    eyeball1();
    eyeball2();
    myRightHand();
    addEventListener(Event.ENTER_FRAME, myLeftHand);
//    myLeftHand();
  }
  public function hatAndFace():void
    {
    TweenPlugin.activate([AutoAlphaPlugin]);
    var mcHatAndFaceInstance:mcHatAndFace = new mcHatAndFace();
    addChild(mcHatAndFaceInstance);
    mcHatAndFaceInstance.x = 350;
    mcHatAndFaceInstance.y = 100;
    mcHatAndFaceInstance.alpha = 0;
    TweenLite.to(mcHatAndFaceInstance, 2, {autoAlpha:1});
  }
  public function eyeball1():void
    {
    var mcEyeballInstance1:mcEyeball = new mcEyeball();
    addChild(mcEyeballInstance1);
    mcEyeballInstance1.x = 380;
    mcEyeballInstance1.y = 115;
    mcEyeballInstance1.alpha = 0;
    TweenLite.to(mcEyeballInstance1, 2, {autoAlpha:1});
  }
  public function eyeball2():void
    {
    var mcEyeballInstance2:mcEyeball = new mcEyeball();
    addChild(mcEyeballInstance2);
    mcEyeballInstance2.x = 315;
    mcEyeballInstance2.y = 115;
    mcEyeballInstance2.alpha = 0;
    TweenLite.to(mcEyeballInstance2, 2, {autoAlpha:1});
  }
  public function myRightHand():void
    {
    var mcHandInstance1:mcHand = new mcHand();
    addChild(mcHandInstance1);
    mcHandInstance1.x = 400;
    mcHandInstance1.y = 200;
  }
/*
  public function set totalProgress(value:Number):void
    {
    myLeftHand.value = 1;
  }
*/
  public function myLeftHand():void
    {
    if (this.currentFrame == 20)
     {
     var mcHandInstance2:mcHand = new mcHand();
     addChild(mcHandInstance2);
     mcHandInstance2.x = 800;
     mcHandInstance2.y = 200;
     TweenMax.to(mcHandInstance2, startAt{totalProgress:1}).reverse;

Here are the errors:
1084: Syntax error: expecting rightparen before leftbrace.
TweenMax.to(mcHandInstance2, startAt{totalProgress:1}).reverse;
Huh? What mismatch. So I commented out the line just to see if I was missing
a mismatch that wasn't in said line. Then I got this error:
1063: Argument count mismatch on Main/myLeftHand(). Expected 0, got 1.
Where is the argument?
TIA,
beno