Karl
Yes, but the email content is still basically a link. I was wondering if I can specifically avoid the recipient having to click through to a link. There might have been a trick I wasn't aware of. Nathans suggestion to have an image in the same theme as the card, is probably the best method of delivery if html is enabled.

Paul

On Dec 9, 2009, at 8:32 PM, Nathan Mynarcik wrote:

At my old place of work we would design an HTML page that had the same theme as the Flash Card. Had an image be a link/button to the Flash Card page. Inserted the HTML in an email and shipped out. You are pretty limited since
you have to deal with an email.

-----Original Message-----
From: flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com
[mailto:flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com] On Behalf Of Paul Andrews
Sent: Wednesday, December 09, 2009 8:20 PM
To: Flash Coders List
Subject: [Flashcoders] Delivering a flah christmas card by email

A client has asked for a flash based Christmas card - no surprise there.
All of the email delivery options I have seen for such cards have been
rather pedestrian - with the email just referencing a link to a HTML
page for the recipient to click. Given the amount of emails I get with
embedded HTML, is a clickable link still my only/best option?

Paul

Karl DeSaulniers
Design Drumm
http://designdrumm.com