Hi,

You may be able to use email-2-sms facilities online. If you can find a free service, even better: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/email-to-sms/

If it's a Linux box, you can setup something to send out an email, via an SMTP relay of your choice, to your client's email-sms facility.

There maybe other options - you might be able to use a mobile / bluetooth dongle to send SMS from the kiosk, but I am very vague on that...

HTH

Glen

John R. Sweeney Jr wrote:
Howdy all,

My client wants the kiosk I'm building (connected to the NET) to be able to
send a simple text message to a phone. I'll know their mobile number and the
predetermined message, but not sure how to then send it to a mobile phone.

Any suggestions or direction to point me in? In my searches so far, I've
seen a lot of Flash Lite sending SMS messages links, but I'm not phone to
screen, I'm kiosk to a mobile phone.

Thanks in advance for any help,
John

P.S. For now, its more web searchingÅ  ;)

John R. Sweeney Jr.
Interactive Multimedia Developer

OnDemand Interactive Inc
945 Washington Blvd.