I noticed something interesting, and perhaps relevant, a couple of
days ago. Google  Docs and Google Apps is going to stop supporting
older Browsers, like IE 6, on March 1. I understand the move is to
promote HTML5.

I don't believe Flash is going away soon either. There are too many
sites out there that use Flash, including the one I'm working on,
<www.poptropica.com>. We're basically a big Flash site, supported by
the usual HTML, JavaScript, PHP, and the like.

I think somebody else mentioned the fact that Disney uses Flash
extensively (they do). It would be prohibitively expensive to redo all
their apps in another language.

I'm not retiring for another 5-6 years, and I expect to be a Flash
programmer for the rest of my career.

Cordially,

Kerry Thompson