If an instance of those classes has been created, then it will eval to
true, otherwise it will be null, so this should work for that part of
the problem:

if(_myinstance) _myInstance.addEventListener(myEvent, myHandler);

However, if you're creating "A" after "B", "C", and "D", then you'll
want to call the code above from say, a Controller class whenever "A" is
created.  Once "A" is created, then that's a trigger to add the
listeners to the other classes if they exist.  Make sense?

Jason Merrill

Bank of  America  Global Learning
Learning & Performance Solutions

Join the Bank of America Flash Platform Community  and visit our
Instructional Technology Design Blog
(inote: these are for Bank of America employees only)