Hi,

You probably have to embed the italic font file - I don't have Helvetica, but in my windows font's folder there is an italic version of my Arial font called ARIALI.TTF

   Glen

allandt bik-elliott (thefieldcomic.com) wrote:
hey guys

does anyone know if there is a way of using faux fontstyle (italic for me)
using a font that has been [Embed]'ed.

my DynamicFonts class uses the setup suggested by colin moock - i've tried
embedding the font with fontStyle = "italic" but as that isn't part of the
font, it errors out.

am i going to have to add a custom property into the css and then do some
sprite skewing to get what i need or is there a way of adding a faux italic
into the copy (like there is in the IDE)?

hope you can help

thanks

class fyi - this is compiled with the flex compiler and then loaded in to
the main class with a Loader object and as soon as it INITs, it adds all of
it's fonts to the available fontlist so it avoids all of the getDefinition
craziness:

package
{
import flash.display.Sprite;
import flash.text.Font;
 public class DynamicFonts extends Sprite {
[Embed(source = "../fonts/HelveticaNeueLTStd-Roman.otf", fontName =
"HelveticaNeueLT Std", mimeType = "application/x-font",
unicodeRange="U+0020-U+002F, U+0030-U+0039, U+003A-U+0040, U+0041-U+005A,
U+005B-U+0060, U+0061-U+007A, U+007B-U+007E")] private var _HelveticaRoman :
Class;

public function DynamicFonts() {
Font.registerFont(_HelveticaRoman); var ar:Array = Font.enumerateFonts();
for (var i:int = 0; i < ar.length; i++) trace("font:" + ar[i]); }