Thanks for all your input.
I am going to try and make the migration. Wish me luck.

Karl

Sent from losPhone

On Mar 31, 2010, at 9:32 AM, "Merrill, Jason" <jason.merr...@bankofamerica.com > wrote:

FlashDevelop - yes, you can code in AS2  - but if you want to compile
without using the Flash IDE, you have to use the free Flex SDK, which
means you have to use (well, I should say get to use) Actionscript 3.0.

I'll echo what the others have said,  take the plunge with AS 3.0 -
you'll need to switch soon anyway, otherwise you can potentially lose
clients and be stuck using old software.  Just take some time to learn
it in your spare time, and you'll soon see why you were losing
efficiency coding in AS 2.0.  Ask questions here, like "I used to do
this in AS2, how do I do that in AS3?"  - also look at the migration
guides - they will show you how everything changed.

Jason Merrill

Bank of  America  Global Learning
Learning & Performance Solutions

Join the Bank of America Flash Platform Community  and visit our
Instructional Technology Design Blog
(note: these are for Bank of America employees only)