From: flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com
[mailto:flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com] On Behalf Of Steven
Sacks
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2010 3:11 PM
To: Flash Coders List
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] What good is a Controller?

On 3/31/2010 7:32 AM, Merrill, Jason wrote:
> FlashDevelop - yes, you can code in AS2  - but if you want to compile
> without using the Flash IDE, you have to use the free Flex SDK, which
> means you have to use (well, I should say get to use) Actionscript
3.0.

Incorrect. MTASC is used to compile AS2 outside of Flash, and comes with

FlashDevelop.  And, MTASC has a feature mxmlc doesn't in that it can do
code
injection into an existing swf, meaning you can take a .fla with lots of
assets,
publish it, and then just inject updated code inside of it without
having to
recompress all the assets again (especially fonts which can take a long
time to
code).