Coming a bit late to the conversation, but I did exactly that for some
music education games. We had to have seamless playback of multiple
audio files, and mp3 just doesn't cut it.

I put my .aiff files into one Flash file, set the linkage, and
downloaded the swf at run time. When the swf download was finished, I
instantiated instances of the .aiff files. I can send you some code if
you like (it's a little to long to post in a message).

Cordially,

Kerry Thompson

Hi Kerry. Nice to see you in this forum!

Sure, I'd appreciate the code. Thanks very much.

Also, can you tell me why you're working with .aiff files rather than, say, .wav files? I have never worked with .aiff files. I don't know anything about them. How do they compare with .wav files?

ja
http://vispo.com