My interpretation of the question was we want the depth of the added object
to be lower than the object that is already on the stage. So I don't think
the x coordinate is the answer.

So the first answer where Robert re-addChilds mc1 technically works in the
simple situation, but if you have other objects on the stage, you'll start
to mess up the depth order of your stage objects. I would recommend using
addChildAt and setting the depth of mc2 to that of mc1's:

this.addChildAt(mc2, this.getChildIndex(mc1));

That way, everything in the stack from mc1 + up is promoted instead of mc1
being popped to the top of the stack.

-jonathan

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 1:56 PM, Mattheis, Erik (MIN - WSW) <
ematth...@webershandwick.com> wrote:

> Look into getChildByName to get a reference to the MC on the stage, ie
> getChildByName('instanceName').x.
>
> _ _ _
> Erik Mattheis
> Senior Web Developer
> Minneapolis
> T  952 346 6610
> C 612 377 2272
>
> Weber Shandwick
> Advocacy starts here.
>
> PRWeek Global Agency Report Card 2009 - Gold Medal Winner
> The Holmes Report Global Agency of the Year
> PR News Agency of the Year

-jonathan howe