Thanks - for to need such hand holding.... I tried what you said but get the
same results... What should be in the //do your stuff here?

as far as I have it now - the tween is still handled in the original tween
(tween_handler in your example)....

From: flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com
[flashcoders-boun...@chattyfig.figleaf.com] On Behalf Of John R. Sweeney Jr
[jr.swee...@comcast.net]
Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2010 6:38 PM
To: Flash Coders List
Subject: Re: [Flashcoders] Buggy Tween

Howdy,

> You tween objects got garbage collected.

I was bit very hard by that one in a kiosk touch screen that needed to have
certain things happen after the tween was finished. So when garbage
collection stopped the tween, things went very messed up and/or locked up.
:)

Here is how I fixed that:

var tween_handler:Tween;

tween_handler = new Tween(mc,"alpha",Strong.easeInOut,1,0,.5,true);
tween_handler .addEventListener (TweenEvent.MOTION_FINISH, doYourFunction;

function doYourFunction (evt:TweenEvent):void
{
    tween_handler .removeEventListener (TweenEvent.MOTION_FINISH,
doYourFunction);

    // do your stuff here
}

Then you should be fine,
John

on 5/12/10 2:44 PM, Lehr, Theodore at ted_l...@federal.dell.com wrote:

> thanks - I'll look into how to do that....

John R. Sweeney Jr.
Interactive Multimedia Developer

OnDemand Interactive Inc
945 Washington Blvd.