Are the swf themselves compressed?

If not, you could give flasm a chance (http://www.nowrap.de/flasm.html).

There's a switch that compresses the swf (-z). It's not the same as
compressing the images separately, of course. But, if the swfs and the
images are not compressed, the images should have at least some redundancy
and compressing the whole swf might be of some help (though zlib is not
going to be as good for compression as JPG or PNG). I'm just guessing, but
maybe it's worth giving it a shot, since it's rather simple to try.

Cheers
Juan Pablo Califano