Swift3D can export to Papervision3D Version 2, giving you the DAE file, images and a sample control script in AS3. You can access and control any name part of the model using AS3 and do what you want with it.

Swift3D is simple to use and cheap. It may be all you need, since your needs are not complicated, Other 3D software, such as 3DSMAX, will give better control during the build process but they are more difficult to use.

If you only need a simple model try Swift3D, is is excellent.
In the end the final visual quality will depend upon the engine.

An outbreak 'away' from Papervision3D took people to Away3D.
I am hoping that the Papervision3D team will eventually come up with a new version.
They do have an amazing skills in their team.

I don't know the costs involved in using Unity, but since their is a cost there will be continued development - though the price may rise (too high?) with success.

John