I have textfield link detection in this class -

https://code.google.com/p/kurstcode/source/browse/trunk/libs/com/kurst/utils/TextFieldUtils.as

using it for link roll-over / roll-out events. And I think it could be extended
to get the link's start/end position.
Have a look at the 'detectMouseOver' function - could be a good starting
point...

- karim