Lattitude and longitude are lines projected onto a sphere (the earth),
so therefore curve and won't translate to a 2D map, which could have any
variety of projection type.  So just using those values won't give you X
and Y on any map, unless your map is not something as large as the U.S.
A smaller map, where the projection lines do not curve, would probably
be OK.  But for a U.S. map, no.  You'll need to figure out your own
coordinates for cities or whatever for that, or find something third
party that can help with that.  Is something like the YahooMap API for
Flash a possibility?

Jason Merrill

Instructional Technology Architect
Bank of America   Global Learning

Join the Bank of America Flash Platform Community  and visit our
Instructional Technology Design Blog
(Note: these resources are only available for Bank of America
associates)