Dave Watts skriver:
I'm trying to compress XML data being exchanged via Socket with a Perl
backend and after taking several hurdles, I'm stuck at this error message:

    1061: Call to a possibly undefined method inflate through
    a reference with static type flash.utils:ByteArray.

In your code, if there's nothing to read, your exception handlers fall
through after calling handleTcpError. At compile time, the compiler
has no guarantee that there'll be anything in the byte array.

So what? That is no grounds for throwing a compiler error. It's your job to ensure that stuff is setup properly at runtime.

A runtime issue will never raise a compiler time error.