Alexander Farber skriver:
On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 7:44 PM, Henrik Andersson<he...@henke37.cjb.net>  wrote:
Dave Watts skriver:
In your code, if there's nothing to read, your exception handlers fall
through after calling handleTcpError. At compile time, the compiler
has no guarantee that there'll be anything in the byte array.

So what? That is no grounds for throwing a compiler error. It's your job to
ensure that stuff is setup properly at runtime.

A runtime issue will never raise a compiler time error.

No, I think Dave has a valid point - if my ByteArray _bytes
is null - because a socket read has thrown an exception,
then the compiler might be able to recognize it (same is in Java).

The compiler does not know that an exception has been thrown. That's runtime events. Exceptions are not checked in actionscript, so the compiler MAY NOT raise any errors.