Beatrix Krümmer-Frau skriver:

Hi all,

I am searching informations about using Actionscript 3 for projects,
which have to run in old, old Flash Versions. I need arguments for
customers who still work with Actionscript 2.
Any suggestions are welcome, will do a paper on this issue.

Thanks in advance

The old flash player will ignore the swf tags related to as 3.
New players will ignore as 2 related tags when the swf declares that it is as 2.

I actually asked a guy I know (nickname jan_flanders) to make a tool to create a swf with both as 2 and as 3 code. It's not that useful in practice, but at least I can prevent the main timeline from running wildly on way too old players and can show an version error screen.

But if you want to code the application twice (u mad?), the tool is designed to be able to do it.