Beatrix Krümmer-Frau skriver:

Am 18.10.2010 14:08, schrieb Henrik Andersson:
The old flash player will ignore the swf tags related to as 3.
This means: as long as I write AS3 syntax without as 3 specific classes
it can work?

No, not only would that be completely useless practically, but it's not even possible. The old player does not have the new vm. They don't understand the bytecode and they don't know of the tags related to it.

New players will ignore as 2 related tags when the swf declares that
it is as 2.

I dont think this is true, as even new players detect as 2 and play it.

Please pay more attention, I explicitly stated that they only do it when the swf is declaring that it uses as 3.

The fact that I have already tested this should be evidence enough.

I actually asked a guy I know (nickname jan_flanders) to make a tool
to create a swf with both as 2 and as 3 code. It's not that useful in
practice, but at least I can prevent the main timeline from running
wildly on way too old players and can show an version error screen.

But if you want to code the application twice (u mad?), the tool is
designed to be able to do it.
I am mad on the fact: 80% of my customers want and use as2.

Thanks a lot in advance, and still searching adobe site for
documentations....

They don't document this. And the tool is not publicly available. I am happy to send it to whoever asks for it, but it is not for people who doesn't even understand what it does.