To: "Flash Coders List" <flashcoders@chattyfig.figleaf.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2011 6:47 PM
Subject: RE: [Flashcoders] flash.filesystem not in Flash?

i think AIR has negated the need for these windowless flash wrappers - are
these still in production?

Yes, the tools are still out there. AIR requires installation of the AIR runtime first. The wrappers do not, they are standalone .exes. For first time user, it would be a two-step installation to run an AIR app. So it depends on what your client needs/wants and what the user can do. For example, AIR is not an approved tech in our environment, so if this were us, we'd have to look at other options.

Jason Merrill