Hello,

The parameters that you pass to the SWF in your HTML are different to communicating with a back-end system.

If you look at URLLoader in actionscript. This enables you to load data as you would load a web-page.

You would use URLLoader with your server-side code, e.g. PHP to do GET and POST type requests:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/flash/net/URLLoader.html

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/as3/dev/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d118666ade46-7ee2zephyr_serranozephyr.html

This way, your users cannot "inject" their own date and it is also possible to have "login" type facilities.

This way, what flash is doing is putting the pretty skin over your application. The difference from HTML is that you stay on the same page and make requests similar to Ajax.

    This site might have some good tutorials to get you started.

    http://www.flash-db.com/

    Also, these pages should become your most "thumbed".

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/index.htm

    http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flash/cs/using/index.html

    http://help.adobe.com/en_US/as3/dev/index.html

HTH